Facts & Trivia
Full name: Christopher Michael Pratt
Name: Chris Pratt
Born: June 21, 1979 in Virginia, Minnesota (USA)
Eye color: Green
Height: 6′ 2″ (1,88 m)
Siblings: 2 older siblings: Cully Pratt and Angie Pratt.
Spouse(s): Anna Faris (m. 2009; div. 2018) | Katherine Schwarzenegger (m. 2019)
Children: 1 son named Jack Pratt
Favorite bands: Pantera, Faith No More, Beatles, 2 Pac, Mos Def, Garth Brooks, Keith Urban, Brooks and Dunn.
Hobbies: Fishing, hunting, working on cars, singing and playing guitar.
Interesting and fun facts about
- His father had English, German, Swiss-German, and French-Canadian ancestry. His mother is of entirely Norwegian ancestry.
- Chris’ graduating class nominated him as the “class clown”.
- Chris has a pet lizard named Puff, five goldfish – named Pinky, Brain, Jowels, Pearl and Sandy, an Oscar fish named Chef, two Pacus, an albino African frog named Whitey, a bonsai tree, four Venus Flytraps, a fruit fly farm and sea monkeys.
- Chris dated Everwood co-star Emily VanCamp, who played his sister on the show. It was confirmed in February of 2007 that they broke up.
- Chris says the best part about being an actor is ‘all the free stuff, including clothes and electronics’.
- In a game of “Guess That Guardian” on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2017), it was revealed that he once gave a piece of concrete to his German teacher claiming that it was a piece of the Berlin Wall.
- Chris and his estranged wife, Anna Faris, each had a dead bug collection before they met and they have since combined their collections.
- Became a father for the first time at age 33 when his wife Anna Faris gave birth to their son Jack Pratt on August 25, 2012.
- Pratt describes himself as a ‘non-denominational Christian’ and stated that his faith was redefined after his son Jack was born prematurely. Him and his wife, Anna Faris, prayed often for the wellbeing of the baby.
- In August 2017, Pratt and Anna Faris announced that they had filed for legal separation after eight years of marriage. They both filed for divorce in December 2017, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Friends with Aubrey Plaza, John Krasinski, Chris Evans, Tom Holland, GOTG cast…
- He once worked as a stripper before his career took off.
- Before his acting career took off, Chris used to also be a coupon salesman and according to the actor, ‘he was very good at it’.
- Was homeless and lived in his van before his career took off.
- Conversational in German, which he studied for three years in school.
- Chris used to wrestle and even finished fifth in a state tournament in high school.
- Destiny led the almost-broke teenaged Chris Pratt to the world of acting. While waiting tables at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant in Maui, he got noticed by the actress and director Rae Dawn Chong. Impressed by his striking looks and energetic self, she offered him a role in her directorial debut venture, a short horror film Cursed Part 3.
- Following his debut, Chris found a guest role in the television series The Huntress in 2001. In 2002, he bagged his first regular television role as Harold Brighton ‘Bright’ Abbott on the series Everwood. Lasting for 89 episodes, the series ended in 2006.
- For his audition for the role of Scott Hatteburg in Moneyball, Pratt learned how to play baseball – including batting left handed (despite being right-handed).
- Interestingly, when first offered the role of Peter Quill/Star-Lord in Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy, Pratt turned it down. The film’s casting director, Sarah Finn, somehow convinced the director James Gunn to believe that Pratt was perfect for the role. Following a meeting with Gunn, Pratt eventually signed a multi-film deal with Marvel Studios.
- In a scene on Parks and Rec, Amy Poehler’s character Leslie accidentally walks in on a naked Andy (Chris Pratt) – as a prank, Pratt ditched the nude undies he was supposed to sport and went bare pickle on set. So, the look of surprise on Poehler’s face is 100% genuine.
- Chris was supposed to only be a guest star on NBC’s Parks & Rec, but he was so well loved that he was bumped up to being a regular in season 2.
- Chris loves improvising on-set. He even improvised the kissing scene in Jurassic World.
- Chris is not just ridiculously good-looking and talented in acting; he is also a bit of an artist. The actor used to draw a lot in high school and painted some murals for a friend’s restaurant.
- The scene in Guardians of the Galaxy, where Star-Lord drops the orb – Chris actually dropped the orb by accident, but stayed in character. James Gunn loved it so much he decided to include it in the movie.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on April 21, 2017.
- Chris began a relationship with author Katherine Schwarzenegger in June 2018. On January 13, 2019, he announced through Instagram that he and Schwarzenegger were engaged. They were married on June 8, 2019 in Montecito, California.
ONWARD (2020)Barley Lightfoot (voice)Filming
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 (2021)Peter Quill / Star-LordPre-production
JURASSIC WORLD 3 (2021)Owen GradyAnnounced
Online since February 2017
Email | Twitter
© 2017 - 2019 Chris Pratt Source (chris-pratt.com / c-pratt.com) is a non-profit fansite. It is not official and has no affiliation with Chris Pratt himself, his family, friends or anyone around him. All pictures, videos and other media are copyright to their respective owners, no copyright infringement is ever intended. If there is anything on this site that belongs to you and you'd like me to take down, please e-mail me and I will do so.